This is a short list of arts events happening on campus. This list will continue to grow throughout the semester. New events pop up often during the semester and checking departmental or school calendars can also be a good way of finding events to attend. Events are free unless otherwise noted (tagged with $).
Although we do our best to ensure up-to-date and accurate information on the AE calendar, it is a good idea to visit the event host’s website to make sure there have been no event changes. If you catch a typo, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- All KU theatre performances
- All performances and art-related talks at the Lied Center & master classes
- All exhibitions, performances, and art related talks at Spencer Museum of Art
- All exhibitions, performances, and art related talks at Nelson Atkins
- All School of Music events
- Senior recitals, thesis exhibitions, and student showcases
- Visiting artists and art-related lectures on campus (e.g. at The Commons, Kansas Union, Hall Center, departmental guest artists, etc.)
- Optional, hands-on workshops offered by participating Arts Engagement Departments
- Film screenings with discussions
- Artist talks, exhibitions, and theatre, music, and dance performances at the Lawrence Arts Center
- Art Lectures at the Lawrence Public Library
- Artist talks and exhibitions at the Student Union Gallery in the Kansas Union
- All exhibitions at the Art and Design Building Gallery
- Final Fridays (Lawrence) or First Fridays (Kansas City) are fine to attend for visual art; however, you need to write about a specific work of art or exhibition.