Tips on Attending Arts Events
Here are some general tips for attending arts events:
- Arrive a few minutes early to find a place to sit if you are attending a lecture or performance. In some cases (such as certain theatre performances), late admittance is not permitted.
- Silence your cell phone before the lecture or performance begins
- If you are going to an art museum or gallery, double-check the hours. Some museums or galleries are closed to the public on Mondays (or a different weekday).
- Look up more information about the guest speaker or artist before attending an event by Google searching the name and visiting any relative websites.
- Some events have paper programs available at the door, which can provide helpful information about the nature of the performance, guest speaker, or artist.
- Draw on the knowledge and life experience that you may already have and try to make connections with content of the lecture, performance, exhibition, etc.
- Be open to what the experience has to offer you.
Need more specific advice? Take a look at the event types on the left.