Component 3: Final Reflection
The final step to completing the Arts Engagement Certificate, is submitting a written reflection about your experiences. This is an opportunity for you to express what you have learned, how you have grown, and how you can apply your knowledge moving forward.
For this reflection, please answer at least 6 of the questions below. Feel free to reference notes from events or classes. Be specific when you answer these questions and provide examples from your coursework and other experiences to support your statements. Plan on writing a minimum of 100 words for each question in order to complete the reflection.
- Describe a particular moment or experience that impacted your thinking. Why was this experience so moving for you?
- What types of art experiences are you most attracted to and why?
- Describe a time when you found content from a class you took or previous event you attended helpful in understanding or appreciating another art event?
- Describe a time when you were intimidated about taking a class or attending an event? How did you work through the situation?
- How do you think your knowledge and understanding about the arts changed since you started the certificate?
- What have you learned from this experience that could be applicable to you in your career, major, or other endeavors? Explain.
- What have you found to be valuable in attending art events? Why?
- Do you plan to continue participating in the arts now that you have finished the certificate, and later after you graduate? Explain why and in what ways or why not.